Bohol Countryside Tour 1: Blood Compact & Baclayon Church

Last Nov 29-Dec 1, 2012, I set my foot again in Bohol. It was a business mixed with leisure trip (or the other way around). My goal is to check the service of my tour operator and find budget hotel & resorts in the area.

image



















Kudos to Zest Air for an on time flight. It didn't ruin our first day itinerary.


After arrival, we head out to start our 8 hour - 7 stops - bohol countryside tour. Our first stop was the Blood Compact Shrine. It is a main landmark of Bohol, aside from the Chocolate Hills. This is where the first treaty of friendship between Spaniards and Filipinos took place. It was a political event.

image

We didn't stay long. After 4-5 pictures, we head out to our next destination. The Baclayon Church.

baclayon church

I am not a catholic but I do appreciate old churches. So we went inside to take a peek. Good thing, there was no ongoing mass. So we had the church to ourselves that day. My niece carried a puzzled look when we came inside. Catholicism is unknown to her.

image

Proper dress code is expected when going inside the church. My sister and I had to wear sarongs to cover our arms and legs. No worries, cover ups are being provided at the church.

image 

The old church was an interesting sight to see. I was imagining scenes from Rizal's Noli Me Tangere. 

image

We also explored the church grounds. Kazie was so thrilled to pose for the camera. I appreciate how the surroundings are so clean.

image

I would recommend a worthwhile visit to this old church. I am not a history buff, but visiting the Baclayon is like taking a road back in time.

image

Maya birds and their nests

image

Goodbye Church! Off to see other interesting attractions in Bohol.