Bohol Tarsier Encounter

When I first visited Bohol, my tarsier encounter was one of my trip highlights. It was a close encounter, so close that I even touched it amidst the big sign telling tourist not to. I was so ecstatic to see the cute nocturnal furry little creature with a big spaced out eyes. They also look like little gremlins to me.

image

But because of the threat of stress to these creatures (touching and camera flashing), the government moved them to what is called a Tarsier Conservation Area. It's a 6 hectare woodland area where all private tarsier display owners share this space to showcase tarsiers in a more protective and adaptive environment to tourists. 

image

Aren't they cute?

image

Kazie enjoyed the whole tarsier tour even she can't really see them upclose. I think there were 15 or more tarsiers in the new sanctuary. Most of them are all asleep though, since they are nocturnal. So no big spaced out eyes the second time.