Getting a Digital Perm at Benefits Style Salon

I've always preferred straight hair but when the digiperm craze came to life, I kind of wanna join the bandwagon.


So when Benefits Style Salon posted their Digiperm promo on their facebook page, I was like really considering if for almost 2 weeks. And just before the promo ended, I booked myself an appointment. 


The promo ran from July 11 until July 31st. I had my digiperm on the promo's last day. 

I've been going to their Eastwood and Libis branch for hair keratin treatment. But for my digiperm, I decided to try out their Tomas Morato branch. I forgot the name of the senior stylist who permed my friend's hair so when the staff asked if I have a preferred stylist, I just relied on feedbacks at facebook and instagram and booked myself with Orlan. 

Orlan was so serious and quiet. Not much chitchat except when he told me he'd cut and style my hair first before we proceed with the digiperm process. It has to be layered for some reason. I'm guessing he's having a bad day or he was not pleased with his assistant. The assistant wasn't much of a fun that night also. She was either new at her job cos she was more busy checking the other staff's work than checking if I was okay or she's also pissed. There came a point that I called for her cos the perm rods were almost burning my scalp to no avail. I just adjusted it myself. She's a bit old, almost in her 40-ish or 50's probably. I wasn't even offered magazine or water or tea. My sister who sat beside me and getting a hair keratin treatment was having her nice iced cold tea btw.


The process took only about 3 hours. We arrived around 6 and finished at around 9PM. I was wondering if that's the normal process. I always thought it was like with rebonding that takes around 5-6 hours. Was I satisfied? Not entirely. Customer service is still the key. And the curls are loosing in a span of 2 weeks.






















It has been almost a month now and I am still not sure if I like my curly hair or not. Or I'm just missing my long straight hair. I also noticed that the curls on the left and right side is uneven. Right side showing more defined curls and left side loosing it's curl (in just a month). I'm scheduled to come back to have my hair condition check. One thing I like about Benefit is that they have a very responsive staff handling their facebook account so booking an appointment is smooth and easy. 

0 comments: