The lengths it took me for Masskara Festival 2012

I was born in Bacolod but could not remember watching Masskara events. My uncle and my dad used to dance and perform for Lopue's. So when the longing to see grandma couldn't get out of my head, I booked a flight - not to Bacolod but to Iloilo.

As it was just 2 weeks prior to Masskara's highlight, airfare to Bacolod were either sold out or the price skyrocketed already. Good thing Bacolod is a mere 2 hours away from Iloilo Airport. Or so I thought. Gathering up all the delays and wait time, it took me roughly 8 hours to finally get there. I left home 3:30AM, I arrived at my gram's house around 11:30AM. Serious.

1 hour flight plus 1 hour fastcraft
Met up with Couchsurfing friends from Cebu during lunch and we had batchoy at 21. Service was terrible. It took them an hour to bring our orders.

21 Restaurant
I opted to just watch the competition at home via live telecast as it was raining hard. I was also booking flights and packages while on vacation. Business as usual! 

Thankfully the rain finally stopped, so off I went to Lacson St. for the Electric Masskara parade around 8PM. 

Electric Masskara Parade 2012

Electric Masskara Parade 2012

CS Cebu Friends
And partied at L'Fisher's roof deck party until 2AM. Yeah, i went home early. Dead tired super!


L'Fisher Roof Deck Party

L'Fisher Roof Deck Party
Can you spot where I am? Clue - silhouette