Air Asia Flight Cancellation - Refund Process

I booked a flight at Air Asia last year for only Php 400 one way Clark to Hong Kong flight. Since it was an early morning flight, and traveling to Clark is a bit tedious as we were merely 3 hours away from the airport, we decided to let go of our ticket. Luckily, there was also a seat sale at Cebu Pacific and we got our roundtrip tickets Manila - Hong Kong - Manila for just around Php 2,500.

And call it grace, just before our July 2013 flight. We got an email from Air Asia that our supposed flight got cancelled and we have 3 options; rebook it at no extra cost, credit to Air Asia account or have it refunded. Of course we want it refunded.

So here's the process on how to get a refund in case you have flight cancellations (Airline's fault)


If you received a flight cancellation notice via email, you will just click the link, then select your preferred options. (Rebook, Credit to Account and Refund).

Or you may fill up an E-Form. You may click this link! According to Air Asia, Effective 9th August 2013, all refund requests must be submitted via an online e-form. Walk-in requests will not be processed. To know more about this process, visit here.

This is my second time to process a refund with Air Asia. Last time, it only took 1 month for them to refund the money back to my credit card. Since I paid via Dragonpay (debit card option), it took longer than I expected and more process.

After following up our refund at Air Asia, I was informed that they already requested Dragonpay to refund the money back to our savings account. 

Dragonpay Direct Debit is one of Air Asia's payment channels when you book online. I find it cost effective and convenient since you don't have to pay credit card surcharges. The payment will be debited directly to your savings/current account. It works of course if you have online banking. In my case, I have a lot to choose from - I have BDO, RCBC and Chinabank Online.

 Just 2 days ago, I got an email from Dragonpay. I have to fill up another form to get my refund process going. To know more about Dragonpay's refund process, please visit this link.


They have 3 steps that I need to make, but I only filled up step 2. For Step 1, I was not able to locate the email instruction anymore but as you can see in their email, the payment confirmation last September 2012 was already there so I don't have to locate the email anymore. I carefully filled up Step 2. For Step 3, it does not apply to me since I paid through bank transfer. Also, the email confirmation says it all.

How do I request for a refund?
  1. Locate your Dragonpay email instruction and click your email reply button.
  2. Provide the following details:
    • Dragonpay Reference No.
    • Bank
    • Branch
    • Account Number
    • Account Type (Savings or Checking Account only.  We cannot refund to Cash Card or company payroll accounts.)
    • Account Name
    • Amount to be refunded
    • Reason for refund (1 to 2 sentences only)
    • Contact nos. (landline or mobile)
  3. Attach an image of your deposit slip (if you do not have a scanner or digital camera, please type as much details as you can find in your deposit slip — branch code/name, date/time, amount)
I forwarded this to Dragonpay and they confirmed it with another email.


So I have yet to wait for 1 more week to check the refund if it is successful or not. As per their regulatins, there will be a minimal service fee of Php 15 per refund and refunds are only released every Friday.

There is a Php 15.00 service fee per refund.  Furthermore, refunds are only released every Friday.  We do not guarantee any specific time within the day.  Should we miss depositing to your account due to unavoidable circumstances (ex. long queues at the bank, maintenance on the bank’s computer system) on that day, refund will be made on the next banking day.  Should Friday happen to fall on a non-working holiday, refunds will be automatically scheduled on the next banking day.

Will update this blog next week to let you know how it goes.

Yesterday, August 16 as promised, I received my Air Asia/ Dragonpay flight refund already. So there you go folks, just follow the process and you'll have your refund in no time. Just be patient.




xoxo,

Ms. Jhessy

2 comments:

Yuki said...

Aj's Place Beach Resort,AJ’s Place Beach Resort is located in Tan-Awan, Oslob, Cebu, home to the world-renowned Oslob Whale Sharks. Tucked away amidst the chaos of crowded resorts and busy streets, our peaceful little beach resort provides a welcoming and stress-free environment.

Yuki said...

One of the Oslob Beach Resort who gives a very good service is Aj's Place Resort. Aj's Place Resort having clean and modern facilities, the most tranquil atmosphere and the friendliest staff. Our goal is to treat each guest with the utmost respect while providing exceptional customer service