Smart and Budget Travel Tips

I am back after a 2 year long hiatus. So here I am, trying to educate my readers some of my secret on how to travel smartly.



Some would think I'm such a big spender because I travel most of the time. But I am totally not!

Travel tip #1
When applying for a credit card, make sure that they have this special benefit - Complimentary Lounge Access. This saves you a lot of money from spending on food and coffee! Security Bank Diners gives you access to international lounges too. RCBC, Citibank, BDO, Unionbank for lounges here in NAIA. Cool diba?




Travel tip #2
If you have the passion, start your own travel business. My recent trip to Xi'An, China is almost all expense paid. Don't ask me how. Enroll in a start up seminar. TRC gives such seminars on how to put your own travel business.



Travel tip #3
Charge your airline tickets, hotel accommodation, tour tickets abroad in a credit card where it gives free travel insurance. RCBC and BPI have this benefit. This saves you a lot!



Travel tip #4
Convert all your credit card reward points to miles. I had mine converted to Mabuhay Miles for a free trip to Batanes. That saves me - what - 12 thousand pesos for a roundtrip fare!!









Travel tip #5
Get a local sim in your country destination. This saves you from the horror of paying terrible roaming fees. In Dubai, I only got it for USD 20 which gave me 1GB of data and free minutes of local calls too for 5 days. Do the math and learn how much you can save if you do this.















That's all for now.



0 comments: