Pop Hotel: Jakarta Airport Layover

The midnight arrival in Jakarta with a connecting flight departure to Yogyakarta at 5am had me booked a room at Pop Airport hotel. I figured, a 2 hour decent sleep in a comfy bed is much needed for a loong day touring Borubudor, Prambanan and Yogyakarta city.


It was a well thought decision I am thankful I did not settle in just sleeping at the airport. 


I booked the room through Agoda using my reward points. It's about Php 1,500+ if I remember it right. 


They offer free airport transfers on a certain schedule only. Since I arrived at midnight, I had to get a taxi to get there. Blue Bird taxi is the most reliable as per my Indonesian tour operator, so that's what I took. It took me around 15 minutes to get to the hotel and I paid IDR 50,000. Hotel check in was smooth and fast. 


As soon as I got to my room, I hurriedly snapped photos for documentation then went to get a 2 hour sleep. 

I arrived at the hotel around 1:30am. Slept and woke up at 3:30am as I need to go back to the airport for my 5:20am flight. I have to take another taxi and paid IDR 50,000 again. The hotel have a stand by airport cars and taxis so no need to worry you'll have a hard time catching for your early morning flight. Everyone was friendly. Some had a hard time talking in English, but they have a ready smile on their face you know they are willing to help despite of the language barrier.


It was a short pleasant stay. I would stay again. :)

Here's the airport shuttle schedule




0 comments: