Sidetrip to Yogyakarta: Borubudur Temple

MI had the privilege of visiting one of Unesco's World Heritage last June 9. When I got invited to join the first ever BBTF convention in Bali, I knew I had to make a sidetrip to Jogja. God was really gracious and allowed me to book a flight Manila-Jakarta-Yogyakarta-Bali-Manila to just around Php 10,000++ via Cebu Pacific and Air Asia. 


My tour operator in Bali arranged everything for me. When I arrived, I was greeted by my tour guide who speaks English fluently. I kept on telling him, I see him more like a professor or a historian more than being a guide. 


With just two hours sleep, having arrived on a red eye flight in Jakarta and leaving for Jogja aboard the 5:20am flight, we went to our first stop and it's Borubudur. It's about a 2 hours drive from the airport. As much as I want to sleep in the journey, I tried to listen attentively to my guide as he lectured everything about Jogja. I drank my energy drink to keep myself awake. 




0 comments: