Filipinos still need a visa to Japan

I opened up my facebook page this morning and found almost everybody rejoicing that Japan has lifted visa requirements to ASEAN countries Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and including Philippines.



Much to my amazement and excitement, I later found out that it was just false information. The link of the sites 1 and 2 that circulated online forgot to mention that it was just Thailand and Malaysia who were given visa free. However, Japan has granted the Philippines a privilege to apply for multiple entry visa. 

The multiple-entry visa for Filipino and Vietnamese travelers will allow them to visit Japan several times within a period of three years. The maximum stay per visit will be 15 days.

For information on the Issuance of Multiple Entry Visas for Nationals of the Republic of the Philippines, please visit Japan embassy website.

While it is not yet visa free to Japan. I tell you, it is easy to get a visa as long as you are complete with your visa requirements. For visa application, I personally recommend Japan accredited agency "Friendship Tours" in Dusit Thani Manila office. I will try to blog about my experience in getting a visa to Japan as soon as possible.