Seoul Adventure

I had the opportunity to go to South Korea last January for a familiarization tour. All participants were duly assisted so getting a visa was not a problem. Check here how I got one


It was an unexpected invite and I was so elated. My land arrangements were all arranged and free but my flight tickets were expensive. It was all because I booked my tickets after my visas were confirmed and it was 3 days prior to the trip. Nonetheless, it was still an experience of a lifetime especially I'm still new in this business. I got a red eye flight that left Manila around 1:15AM so when I arrived 6:15AM at the Incheon airport, most shops were still closed. Oh yeah, I traveled alone. 



I looked for a mtr ticket vendo machine and immediately saw one. It is the same as the one being used in Singapore so I had no problem purchasing tix.


It was a chilly morning and I came unprepared. Didn't know it was that cold. Brrr! Good thing the seats of the Seoul subways were all heated. I wasn't hallucinating when I felt my butt. The seats were heated. 


Downloaded this helpful mtr app to help me navigate this big city. 


When I got off the train station, I went to a donut store to grab breakfast and so happy that they're also selling bagels - yey - with cream cheese. Perfect to start my morning and adventure in Seoul. 


I came a day early so I had no free accommodation on my first day. Saw a cozy and decent motel room down the block and decided to stay overnight there. The old couple running the motel looked friendly and accommodating, so I felt safe.

I was supposed to be hosted by a Couchsurfing friend but plans have changed. 


It was a cool place for KRW 60,000. I guess it's still cheap.  It had everything I need. Specifically, the hot tub! I was wasting water that night and really felt guilty. I filled the tub with hot water and had to drain half of it. Oh well. It'll never happen again. Promise. 


Met up with a high school girl friend who was still in Seoul later that day and we had a blast shopping in Myeongdong and food tripping too! I really meant to go to other touristy places but can't bear the coldness. Save for next time, huh!


Ended my day eating in a local midnight snack bar.

I can't remember well if I liked the food I ate here. It was just so soothing that they have a soup in that cold night.